We thought it would be fun to put together a video for our “Poker Face” cover, and we want you to be in it! Here’s what we need you to do:
- If you haven’t yet, go to this link on our website and download the song for free: http://www.buildingromerock.com/site-updates/poker-face-cover – Right-click on the .mp3 link and click “Save As” or “Save Link As”
- Videotape yourself singing along to the song while doing one of the following:
- Parody of a modern pop singer or boy band – anyone similar to and including Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, etc. Anything goes, from a choreographed dance production to rocking out in front of your mirror with a hairbrush.
- Playing cards / slots / dice / whatever – anything casino-related, as long as it looks like you’re having fun!
- Send it to us!
We’ll take all the videos we receive and edit them together to make one fantastically awesome amazing video for the song!
Some tips to make sure you end up in the video:
- Make sure we can hear the recording and/or you singing! It’ll help us with the editing process. If you need the lyrics, you can read them here – make sure to change the he’s and him’s to she’s and her’s!
- Be sure to use our version of the song and NOT the Lady Gaga version. Ours is faster than the original and we want the footage to line up to the song.
- Make sure we can clearly see what’s going on in the video, i.e. keep the camera steady and have lots of light! If you’re using the video setting on your digital camera, make sure you’re using the best quality setting, if possible.
- Have fun with it!
When you’ve got your video recorded, upload it to a file-sharing service and send us the link. Some of the sites we’ve used before are Uploading.com, YouSendIt.com, or MediaFire.com. E-mail the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll start editing the video sometime this weekend, but we’ll accept submissions until June 19 (a week and a half away from today).
We’re looking forward to seeing what you guys send in! If you have any questions, hit me up here, on Facebook (look up Jon Heisserer from Saint Louis), or send an e-mail to email@example.com.