(Updated 10:25 pm CST)
Lookin’ like a fool with your pants on the ground!
Hey all! Got a couple of things going on we wanted to update you about:
- We’ve been on the road a lot the last few weeks, and I wanted to do something fun, so I decided to produce a rock version of Larry Platt’s “Pants on the Ground” song from the American Idol auditions. All of the melodies and guitar/bass/keyboard parts are completely original and everything was recorded on my laptop. We don’t have the ability to record Brian on drums, so they’re all computer-generated and programmed by me. Hope you can forgive me – Jon
- We’re starting a little video series on our YouTube channel called The Building Rome Show, where we’ll be adding videos of our shows and other random hi-jinks. Subscribe to us on YouTube and make sure you don’t miss an episode!
- We’re actively booking shows around the Midwest! If you live within 6-8 hours of St. Louis, MO and want us to play in your city, send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know where you go to see shows. Also, if you know other bands that play regularly in your city, send us a link to their MySpace/Facebook/websites so we can get in contact with them. Any help is appreciated!
We’ll see you soon!!
- Jon, Tom, Brian and Brandon
Hey all, we’re really sorry the new songs didn’t go up today, we’re trying to do too many things at once right now and it turns out we weren’t as ready as we thought we were. However, we PROMISE all the new stuff will be up on Tuesday – songs, photos, MySpace stuff, presale info, etc. Add us on MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter and you’ll definitely be the first to know when it hits!!
We thought it would be fun to put together a video for our “Poker Face” cover, and we want you to be in it! Here’s what we need you to do:
- If you haven’t yet, go to this link on our website and download the song for free: http://www.buildingromerock.com/site-updates/poker-face-cover – Right-click on the .mp3 link and click “Save As” or “Save Link As”
- Videotape yourself singing along to the song while doing one of the following:
- Parody of a modern pop singer or boy band – anyone similar to and including Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, etc. Anything goes, from a choreographed dance production to rocking out in front of your mirror with a hairbrush.
- Playing cards / slots / dice / whatever – anything casino-related, as long as it looks like you’re having fun!
- Send it to us!
We’ll take all the videos we receive and edit them together to make one fantastically awesome amazing video for the song!
Some tips to make sure you end up in the video:
- Make sure we can hear the recording and/or you singing! It’ll help us with the editing process. If you need the lyrics, you can read them here – make sure to change the he’s and him’s to she’s and her’s!
- Be sure to use our version of the song and NOT the Lady Gaga version. Ours is faster than the original and we want the footage to line up to the song.
- Make sure we can clearly see what’s going on in the video, i.e. keep the camera steady and have lots of light! If you’re using the video setting on your digital camera, make sure you’re using the best quality setting, if possible.
- Have fun with it!
When you’ve got your video recorded, upload it to a file-sharing service and send us the link. Some of the sites we’ve used before are Uploading.com, YouSendIt.com, or MediaFire.com. E-mail the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll start editing the video sometime this weekend, but we’ll accept submissions until June 19 (a week and a half away from today).
We’re looking forward to seeing what you guys send in! If you have any questions, hit me up here, on Facebook (look up Jon Heisserer from Saint Louis), or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Jon took a break from working on the album this past week to do a cover of “Poker Face” by Lady Gaga. Let us know what you think!
This week’s download is a full band acoustic version of “Ode to the Sad,” which is the hidden track on Something Left of Nothing. What do you think – do you like it better than the original? Download it and tell us what you think!
This week’s download is a song called “Chasing Angels” that we recorded shortly after Something Left of Nothing was released (if you’re a long-time fan, you might have heard it up on our MySpace page a few years ago). Download it and please let us know what you think!
This week’s download is a song we’re debating cutting from the new album. There are two versions of it up – download/listen to both and let us know what you think. We think it would be cool to get some creative input from you guys, so if you have any ideas or suggestions, post a comment below and let us know!
P.S. We’re sorry we didn’t get new stuff up last week and that this is late – we’re working on something supercool (which hopefully will be finished soon!) and lost track of the days. We hope this makes up for it!
This week’s download is the jingle “Chicken Feet”, by Jon Heisserer. Visit The Vault to read the story, download the song, and get it as a ringtone!
This week’s download is a cover of The Cure’s “Boys Don’t Cry”, done by The Jon Heisserer Is Really Cool Band. Go to The Vault to download the song and read the explanation behind The Jon Heisserer Is Really Cool Band!
Just added new t-shirts and hoodies to the merch store. Take a look:
Let us know what you think of the new designs!