Archive for June, 2009
We thought it would be fun to put together a video for our “Poker Face” cover, and we want you to be in it! Here’s what we need you to do:
- If you haven’t yet, go to this link on our website and download the song for free: http://www.buildingromerock.com/site-updates/poker-face-cover – Right-click on the .mp3 link and click “Save As” or “Save Link As”
- Videotape yourself singing along to the song while doing one of the following:
- Parody of a modern pop singer or boy band – anyone similar to and including Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, etc. Anything goes, from a choreographed dance production to rocking out in front of your mirror with a hairbrush.
- Playing cards / slots / dice / whatever – anything casino-related, as long as it looks like you’re having fun!
- Send it to us!
We’ll take all the videos we receive and edit them together to make one fantastically awesome amazing video for the song!
Some tips to make sure you end up in the video:
- Make sure we can hear the recording and/or you singing! It’ll help us with the editing process. If you need the lyrics, you can read them here – make sure to change the he’s and him’s to she’s and her’s!
- Be sure to use our version of the song and NOT the Lady Gaga version. Ours is faster than the original and we want the footage to line up to the song.
- Make sure we can clearly see what’s going on in the video, i.e. keep the camera steady and have lots of light! If you’re using the video setting on your digital camera, make sure you’re using the best quality setting, if possible.
- Have fun with it!
When you’ve got your video recorded, upload it to a file-sharing service and send us the link. Some of the sites we’ve used before are Uploading.com, YouSendIt.com, or MediaFire.com. E-mail the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll start editing the video sometime this weekend, but we’ll accept submissions until June 19 (a week and a half away from today).
We’re looking forward to seeing what you guys send in! If you have any questions, hit me up here, on Facebook (look up Jon Heisserer from Saint Louis), or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Jon took a break from working on the album this past week to do a cover of “Poker Face” by Lady Gaga. Let us know what you think!
Hey everyone! Just a quick update:
We have 3 articles out there with our name on them this week:
- Interview with Jon about the story behind the album, working in the studio, and what’s been going on with the band
- Interview with Ted Bruner (Part 2) about writing “Last Time Again” with Jon (Part 1 is here, if you’re interested)
- Feature story on Sawhorse Studios and Jason McEntire with some cool details about the recording of Nightmare (this one was in the print version of the RFT, so if you live in St. Louis, pick one up today or tomorrow)
Thank you to Annie Zaleski from the Riverfront Times for taking the time to come to the studio and talk to us!
Big merch sale in the online store! Every dollar goes towards getting us on tour this fall. Click on our Merch link at the top of the page or go to http://buildingrome.bigcartel.com.
Still recording – we go back into the studio on June 15 and we’ll be there til the end of the month. Should have the finished album in our hands by July 23 (Jon’s birthday!). The release date is still set for October 13.
If you haven’t signed up to get your name in the album on our Thank You page, you have until July 1! After that, we’ll need to format the names for the artwork and can’t accept any more signups.
See you soon!